5 March -
14 May 2016
Gertrude Glasshouse44 Glasshouse Rd, Collingwood VIC 3066
Opening: Saturday 5 March, 3–5pm
In Concert was an exhibition featuring work resulting from partnerships between Gertrude Contemporary Studio Artists and key arts and local organisations.
Taking place in Gertrude Contemporary’s recently opened project space, Gertrude Glasshouse, In Concert charted the boundaries of these art collaborations, examining the shifting and dynamic nature of the process across practice, medium and location. The widely divergent outcomes of these relationships—ranging from turf paintings, public soccer matches, rap videos, workshops, photoshoots, and individual artworks—reflects the possibilities for diversity and collaboration beyond the traditional confines of the gallery.
Gertrude Contemporary Studio Artists worked with artists from Arts Project Australia and Kaleidoscope, Scope Victoria, and students from Collingwood English Language School, St. John’s and Fitzroy Primary School. This exhibition was a culmination of these significant relationships developed over the past three years with the generous support of the Marjorie M. Kingston Trust.
- Charlie Sofo and Mark Smith, Arts Project Australia
- Minna Gilligan and Eden Menta, Arts Project Australia
- Sean Bailey and Caroline Sant, Kaleidoscope, Scope Victoria
- Fergus Binns and Greg Muir, Kaleidoscope, Scope Victoria
- Søren Dahlgaard and Fitzroy Primary School
- Kelda Free and David Brazier and Fitzroy Primary School
- Tully Moore and Fitzroy Primary School
- Claire Lambe and Collingwood English Language School
- Hamishi Farah and St. John’s Primary School, Clifton Hill